Take better care of your car and environment with the right tyre pressure
As a car driver, you are responsible for the maintenance of your car so that you can drive safely. Ensuring that your car tyres are at the right tyre pressure is part of this. This is especially important with the risk of icy roads in the near future. Additionally, keeping your tyres at the right tyre pressure reduces wear and tear, reduces fuel consumption, and is better for the environment. This is why you should schedule a regular tyre check in your calendar, with our handy reminder!
Check your tyre pressure every two months
All car tyres lose pressure over time, regardless of whether your car is stationary, does not drive many kilometres, or is used for driving every day. Approximately 6 in 10 car owners are currently driving around with under-inflated tyres. This is why you should schedule a regular tyre check in your calendar, with our handy reminder! We will send a notification to your schedule so that you can arrange to have your tyres inflated to the correct pressure.
Free smart tyre pump
You can inflate your tyres to the right pressure at a petrol station or if you have the right tools at home. If you are near Maastricht, you can inflate your tyres to the right pressure even more easily at P+R Maastricht Noord. This is because a smart tyre pump is ready for use, free of charge. Visit the Band op Spanning website (only available in Dutch) to see the locations of all the smart tyre pumps in the Netherlands.
1,298 users have gone before you at P+R Noord
The smart tyre pump is very easy to use. You simply enter your car's number plate or the correct tyre pressure and you will be presented with your fuel savings and reduction in CO2 emissions immediately after you have inflated your tyres. 1,298 users have already used the pump since it was installed on 20 September 2019. In other words, this represents:
- 6,870 fewer litres of fuel used
- a reduction of 23 tonnes of CO2 emissions
- Wear and tear on 136 tyres was prevented.
- The total cost savings of using the smart tyre pump amount to €22,925.
Tips to ensure the correct tyre pressure
Look up what the correct tyre pressure is for your tyres. Make a note of the advised tyre pressure, so that you always have it at hand in the car. If you do not know where to find the correct tyre pressure for your car, then we would like to offer you the following four tips by Milieu Centraal (only available in Dutch):
- The advised tyre pressure for your tyres will be specified in the instruction booklet for your car. This booklet is located on the inside of the door next to the driver's seat, in the glove compartment, on the inside of the fuel filler cap, or under the sun visor. Please take into account that the tyre pressure you find listed online is not always correct.
- Check the tyre size on the side of your tyre. This will be specified as a combination of numbers and letters such as: 155/70 R 13.
- Compare the tyre size of your tyre with the tyre size in the table. Please note: the front and rear wheels require different tyre pressures. Also select how heavily your car will be loaded in the coming time. A car that is transporting many people and/or luggage requires a greater tyre pressure than the same car that is only transporting its driver.
- Final tip: the best time to check the tyre pressure is when the tyres are cold, so shortly after departing from your home. If you have driven for fifteen minutes or five kilometres, or you are waiting at the petrol station next to the motorway, then the air in your tyres will already have warmed up and you must add 0.3 bar to the advised tyre pressure.
Want to check your tyre pressure? Here are all the options at a glance!
The smart tyre pump at P+R Maastricht Noord will account for whether your tyres are warm or cold mate. For maximum convenience, stop by P+R Maastricht Noord if it is on your route and check your tyre pressure. If you work at the MUMC+ in Maastricht, then you can make things even easier by attending one of the campaign days of the Band op Spanning team. Soon, on 24 November and 1 December, they will be in action once more at this company affiliated with Zuid-Limburg Bereikbaar (ZLB). For more information about the Band op Spanning campaigns at partners of Zuid-Limburg Bereikbaar, visit www.maakdebeweging.nl.